This cherry whiskey pork ribs recipe is one interesting way to prepare smoked ribs. For a change of pace try this unique taste treat. Be a little bold and be a little daring.
You will love these ribs that are a little bit tangy, fruity, and sweet, each bite is a taste explosion.
This recipe serves 4 to 6 adults.
Before you start review our Pork Spare Ribs … What you need to Know page.
What you Need
4 racks baby back pork ribs (each 1 1/2 pound)2 cups cherry whiskey2 cups water1/2 cup sugar1/4 cup saltCherry smoking chips
1/4 cup Bone Dust BBQ Spice (see recipe below)
- Cherry Whisky Glazing Sauce
1 small diced onion4 cloves minced minced1 cup gourmet BBQ sauce1/2 cup cherry whisky1/2 cup honey1/4 cup grape jelly2 tbsp. vegetable oilCayenne pepper
Salt and black pepper
1/2 cup paprika1/4 cup chili powder3 tbsp. salt2 tbsp. ground coriander2 tbsp. garlic powder2 tbsp. sugar2 tbsp. curry powder2 tbsp. hot dry mustard1 tbsp. black pepper1 tbsp. dried basil1 tbsp. dried thyme1 tbsp. ground cumin
1 tbsp. cayenne pepper
1. Combine the paprika, chili powder, salt, coriander, garlic powder, sugar, curry powder, dry mustard, black pepper, basil, thyme, cumin and cayenne.
2. Place in an airtight container and store in a cool and dry place, keep away from heat and light.
Preparing your Cherry Whisky Pork Ribs Recipe
With a small shrap knife score the membrane on the backside of the ribs into a diamond pattern. Place the ribs in a large container suitable for marinading. Combine the cherry whisky, water, sugar and salt and pour the mixture over the ribs. Cover and refrigerate. Marinade for at least 4 hours, overnight is fine.
- Fire up you smoker and maintain a temperature of 225°F. While you wait for it to heat up soak cherry chips in water.
- Take the ribs from the marinade, reserve the marinade for basting. Rub with the Dusty Bones BBQ Rub, take care to press the spices into the meat.
- Add your smoking wood to the smoker. Place the ribs in smoker, bone side down. Cover and smoke, baste every hour with reserved marinade. Smoke about 4 to 5 hours, or until the ribs are tender and the bones wiggle a little when pulled. Be sure and maintain an even 225°F, and replenish fuel ,water and wood as needed.
- While your ribs are smoking make the glazing sauce. In a medium saucepan, combine the onion, garlic, BBQ sauce, cherry whisky, honey, grape jelly and oil. Bring to a low boil, stirring continually. Reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes. With the cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper season to taste, usaully a pinch of each is just right. Remove from heat and set aside.
- During the last hour of smoking I apply a generous ammount of glazing suace over the ribs and flip. Some folks cook on the glazing sauce an a grill set to medium high and cook for 10 minutes per side after the entire cooking time. Either way apply a generous ammount of glazing sauce.
Divide between every third rib and serve with your favorite side dish.
Hope you enjoy your Cherry Whisky Pork Ribs Recipe.
Return to top of Cherry Whisky Pork Ribs Recipe.
Return to Wow, Finger Lickin’ Rib Recipes